~ Release Notes ~
[1.0.3 – Full Release]
– Full Release! Banners of Ruin is available on Steam, GOG, Epic and Nintendo Switch!
– The Informant – after you beat The Warden, you’ll now find the Informant outside Dawn’s Point. He has three tasks for you to complete during your campaign to unlock the endgame.
– Endgame: 2 new bosses wait beyond The Warden. We’re not going to spoil them, but they have a few game changing tricks up their sleeves..
– Spitter: A new boss variant for the first street! Watch out for some crafty attacks!
– The Perish now deals 15 Vitality damage per card, and you suffer only 5 Damage per card.
– Thresh now deals 25 Damage
– ApplyBleeding and ApplyCrippled upgrade tokens now also apply their respective statuses via cards that apply statuses to opponents, whereas before it would only apply to cards that damaged targets.
– Battleforged no longer banishes (since the description never mentioned it, this is also a fix).
– Adjusted the rate at which character races level up. Levels now have lower XP thresholds, and you are awarded exponentially more XP the more you level a race up in a single run.
– Overpower now costs 2 stamina.
– Fix for Backstab intent not showing counter
– Fix for cost modification of Flow persisting after the end of combat for cards in hand on the final turn.
– Fix for Distraction not considering barricades to be allied to the player
– Fix for Blockade lasting more than one turn, and displaying an erroneous stack count if incoming damage would result in a negative count.
– Fix for Flash talent only moving Weapon Cards from the Draw Pile to the Hand.
– Fix for Protected redirecting damage and considering the active character to be the damage instigator.
– Fix for Overbearing Swing consuming Mouse Race Ability before its conditional second attack.
– Fix for Patterford Goldknot’s Disarm intent not displaying a damage number
– Fix for Protector sometimes not removing Protected under certain circumstances.
– Fix for PoisonedBlade being added to both the Banish and Discard piles
– Fix for softlock on unlocks screen after a particular defeat in the end game
– Fix for Prince Dominion passive not disabling correctly depending on the order that targets were defeated.
– Fix for Informant Prisoners event displaying incorrect text
– Fix for Token Book upgrade tooltip not being aligned correctly on non-1080p displays
– Fix for controller indicator being awkwardly visible as soon as the main menu loaded, rather than after the intro animation completed.
– Fix for BlackMarket scenario allowing you to swap 2 characters’ talents despite only having a party of 1.
– Fix for controller sidebar becoming visible when switching to a Controller with the party screen active.
– Fix for Upgrade Token book button being visible when upgrades haven’t been unlocked.
– Fix for a soft lock if the pause menu was opened when switching scenes with a CampaignCard selected.
– Fix for Item duplication when 2 items exist in the Stash, and one is dragged from and back onto its original slot.
[0.37.13 – Patch]
– New artwork for Encourage, Flash, Offload, Tempering and Reckless Burst
– Slightly reduced the later Race XP tier boundaries – you may want to visit the Unlocks screen to check for any new unlocks due to this change.
– Strategy no longer displays its stack counter
– Fix for the possibility that a player quits a run after dying in combat, but before the save game was deleted, allowing for the possibility of continuing a run with no extant party members.
– Fix for character-damaging scenarios like Courage potentially soft-locking the game when dealing lethal damage.
– Fix for the score granting +1 “unit” of XP for common / elite combats than they should have, as they also counted the combat you lost.
– Fix for Priest scenario displaying missing title
– Fix for Redemption card selection displaying incorrect text.
– Fix for save game persisting after the campaign was ended, by quitting to the main menu at certain points.
– Fix for Hare racial ability triggering Practiced when there were no vacant slots to apply traps to.
– Fix for Poison applied by Sulphuric Bomb not stacking when played from the back rank.
– Fix for Eager Strike not setting its last target properly, causing an issue with the Mouse Racial ability where it would continue to trigger after playing Eager Strike.
– Fix for Toxic Cascade being banished and discarded simultaneously.
[0.37.12 – Patch]
– Added full Chinese localisation for the Archetypes Update content.
– Fix for Tutorial achievement not unlocking.
– Fix for missing ‘œ’ character in French.
– Fix for missing % character in Heal text from scenario cards like Quick Round when English was not the system’s main language.
[0.37.11 – Patch]
– Fix for unlockable features potentially being skipped under certain circumstances.
– Fix for Mouse racial ability not applying Charge if the Mouse already had Charge and the attack killed the target.
– Fix for Knight Errant event failing to award the chosen skill in some cases.
– Fix for display / resolution settings not applying after loading the existing settings.
– Fix for Plague Doctor scenario not subtracting funds correctly for purchased Salves.
[0.37.9 – Hotfix]
– Updated Passing The Torch’s description to reflect that it will only work if you have any stacks of charge.
– Fix for scenarios that re-roll talents (e.g. Sage, Vagrant) causing a soft lock.
– Fix for erroneous interaction between Gambler and Overwatch, where the owner of Overwatch would take damage after Gambler was used to draw cards.
– Fix for tutorial prompt implying that their next target after using Strike would be killed, when they would be left with 1 Vitality.
– Fix for the tutorial allowing the player to end their turn when asking them to switch characters.
– Fix for Mouse Race ability not working correctly with cards like Reckless Burst, where the charge would be gained before attacking additional targets.
– Fix for Gambler not running at the start of combat.
– Fix for Sadist not working as described.
– Fix for duplicate Withdraw card appearing in the compendium.
– Fix for Pray opening scenario awarding +5 stat increment for single character parties
– Fix for Seagard intent Terrifying Advance not displaying its damage count on the intent icon.
– Fix for WeaponBelt spawning concealed blades for another wielder if the character with WeaponBelt was not active at the time their weapon card was drawn.
– Fix for Flow triggering when other characters played their talents.
– Fix for Strategy not banishing.
– All races now have unique racial abilities, which cost 1 Will point and can be activated at any point in the player’s turn.
– Overhauled the Unlocks screen with a new sequential unlock system, where races, cards, passives and features are unlocked progressively as players finish campaigns (win or lose).
– Added Second Street Elite variant, the Seagard Captain.
– Added endgame cutscene that follows the Warden battle.
– Added CardUpgradeTokens, to be found in certain scenarios, which can be swapped between cards to run additional effects after the card resolves. These tokens can be swapped at any time from the party screen.
– Added new scenarios, which make use of new features, that will start generating later into a player’s meta-progression (e.g. Black Market, Wishing Well, Priest).
– New campaigns, before entering the first street, will now generate three random scenarios to add variety to the start of the run. These will start generating after reaching (meta) Level 2.
– Added new campaign and combat backgrounds for each street
– Added new unique skin for Dangerous Thug AI
– New Talents: Flash, Scar, Eager Strike, Encourage, Limitless, Reckless Burst, Tempering, Offload, Spikes, Passing the Torch, Fortification, Craftsman, Barbed Trap, Explosive Trap and Hunter’s Trap.
– New Passives: Brawler, Spirited, Weapon Belt, Flow, Fundamentalist, Gambler, Minimalist, Practiced and Sharp.
– Note: Some cards that were Talents are now Skills, and vice versa. Talents that have become Skills will continue to work in existing save-games, however Skills that have become Talents will be unplayable in existing save-games (but won’t break the save game). You may want to start a fresh run for this update.
– Note: We’re trying something out with rarities (behind the scenes) this update, so you may notice cards spawning less or more frequently than usual.
– Arterial Rupture is now a race-agnostic Talent.
– Deep Breaths, Natural Selection, Pivot, Plan of Attack, Urgency and Calculating Strike are now Skills.
– Blood Sacrifice is now a Skill, applies 3 Bleeding to the party, but applies double the party’s total Bleeding to a target.
– Tenacity has been removed from the Talent pool pending a rework. It will continue to work in existing save-games, but will not generate in new runs.
– Moved Overpower to Bear talents.
– Changed level up Talent generation to spawn Race-specific cards more frequently. (Guaranteed 1 to be race specific, and each of the remaining 2 have a 65% chance to be race specific).
– Race specific passives are now slightly more likely to generate in level ups.
– Stoic now also triggers after using a race ability.
– Swapped Ender Guardsman for Hare Guardsman in Stand or Perish combat
– Swapped Ender Guardsman for Hare Guardsman in Stand or Perish combat.
– Changed Ender Guardsman in Stand or Perish combat to Hare City Guardsman.
– Strange Mist is now a race-agnostic Talent and also removes poison.
– Overhaul is now a race-agnostic Talent and costs 3-0.
– Clipper’s Sinister Strikes now deals 4×4 and Viper’s breath now applies 5 poison.
– Miasma now costs 3-0, only lasts for 3 turns (can be stacked), and also triggers for cards spawning.
– Wild brawl reworked. All party members consume stamina and deal 6 damage to rank.
– Rearguard reworked. Now applies defence to the front rank for every character on the back rank.
– Scornful Bite reworked. Now ruins a card, applies 8 Crippled and spawns a Concealed blade.
– Deep Strike now deals 4 damage + an additional 4 damage per character’s level if opponent is in back rank.
– Battletempo now applies 1×5 defence if in back rank.
– Brace now increases stamina cost by 1 per use.
– Loremaster now gains 2 stamina when card is drawn.
– Reworked Trooper into Blockade.
– Hurricane now applies 3 Vulnerable.
– Headhunter now applies 3 Vulnerable.
– Strong Stuff now applies 1 poison instead of 2.
– Incision now spawns a 0 cost Concealed blade.
– Bloodbath now costs 0-0, ruins a card, and increases sta cost by 1 everytime it is played.
– Sadist’s Cunning now ruins a card and costs 1-0.
– Solemn Vow now costs 2-0 and banishes.
– Upperhand now costs 1-0 and banishes.
– Reserves now costs 1-0 and banishes.
– Cornered now costs 1-0 and banishes.
– All or Nothing now costs 3-0 and banishes.
– Tooth and Nail now costs 2-0 and banishes.
– Cool Under Pressure now costs 2-0 and banishes. It also stacks.
– Riposte now costs 0-0.
– Urgency now 1-0.
– Bloodwrath now costs 3-0.
– Unholy Communion now costs 0-1.
– Never Surrender now costs 2-0.
– Sever now costs 3-0.
– Sacrifice now costs 0-1.
– Oathkeeper now costs 2-0.
– Into The Fray now costs 2-0.
– Conviction now costs 2-0.
– Bulwark now costs 1-0.
– Baptism of Fire now costs 1-0.
– Scornful Bite now costs 2-0.
– Plagueis now costs 3-0.
– Redemption now costs 3-0.
– Taste For Blood now costs 2-0.
– Exertion is now 1-0.
– You Shall Not Pass now costs 2-0.
– Overpower now costs 3-0.
– Reckless Cleave now costs 3-0.
– Fortress now costs 3-0.
– Warrior’s Defence now costs 3-0.
– Sadist now costs 2-0.
– Ruthless now costs 2-0.
– Plague Doctor now costs 0-1.
– Never Forget now costs 4-0.
– Concentration now costs 3-0.
– Blood Sacrifice now costs 3-0.
– Focus Fire now costs 3-0.
– Blood Ritual now costs 3-0.
– The Perish now costs 5-0.
– Frenzied Gouge now costs 2-0.
– Feverish Onslaught is now 3-0.
– Despair now costs 3-0.
– Disarm now costs 4-0.
– Toxic Cascade now costs 3-0 and banishes.
– Loremaster now costs 0-1 and banishes.
– Heroic Strike now deals 2-0 and banishes.
– Galvanize now costs 0-1.
– False Opening now costs 1-0 and banishes.
– Deep Breaths now costs 0-0.
– Battleforged now costs 3-0.
– Strategy now costs 1-0.
– Instinct now costs 1-0
– Colossal Smash now costs 4-0.
– Challenge now costs 2-0.
– Akimbo now costs 2-0.
– Fix for overlapping UI when offered equipment from scenarios like Weapon Cache.
– Fix for Riposte triggering when rotating with allies.
– Fix for Kilderkin scenario allowing powders to be purchased despite insufficient florens.
– Fix for missing ‘Ć’ character when viewing the main menu in Polish. May also resolve other language issues where text is displayed in “SmallCaps” modes, but no upper case character appears in the game’s source text.
– Fix for BlackMarket requiring all offered cards were added to the deck.
– Fix for Offload displaying incorrect text when selecting a card to banish.
– Fix for Scornful Bite spawning a Concealed Blade without assigning its wielder.
– Fix for unlock characters not appearing in the background of the Defeat screen.
– Fix for missing title string on Pray and Weapons scenarios
– Fix for Flow not modifying cost successfully
– Fix for ChargedUp achievement causing a soft lock when ending a battle with a Barricade still built.
– Fix for Gambler not triggering correctly
– Fix for Fundamentalist gaining far too much Defence.
– Fix for various position selection issues around Traps. Fixes Barbed, Explosive and Hunters Trap, and cards like Billhook moving targets onto Trapped positions.
– Fix for scenarios that allow recruiting characters soft-locking the game since the addition of race unlocks
[0.36.11 – Patch]
– Stoic now triggers immediately when a card is put in play, before the card runs its effect, so that cards that ruin or transform before they leave play still trigger the passive, e.g. Bloodbath.
– Fix for characters gaining negative vitality from the Incense Alder Stick modifier if they had low vitality at the time it triggered.
– Fix for Fight As One talent only dealing damage once when just one enemy was left in the combat.
– Fix for Blood Pact Oath not triggering defeat if a character in a party of two dies.
– Fix for tooltips occasionally remaining displayed when hovering items before scene transitions.
– Fix for Exhausted Oath causing a softlock in Forgotten Tunnel on the start of the player’s second turn.
– Added 15 new Scenarios, including some that allow you to enlist new characters.
– 3 New Enemies: Patterford Goldknot, Ender Guardian and the Smuggling Gang.
– You can now swap your characters’ equipment on the party screen, and store up to 2 weapons or armour in your “Stash”. Stored weapons are still added to your deck, so think twice about carrying the extra weight.
– Rendered artwork for several existing scenarios.
– Added campaign modifiers, which behave similarly to passives, but can last for the entire duration of a campaign, and affect all party members.
– Reduced the vitality of Seagard Raider opponents.
– The idle Party screen UI has been given a facelift, with clearer UI beneath each character.
– Patterford Mercenaries now have a different intent Sequence, and will banish your weapon cards after repeated attacks
– Superior Heavy Armour now grants +10 Defence per turn.
– Heavy Armour now applies only 1 Winded per turn, but also grants +5 Defence per turn.
– Superior Medium Armour no longer applies Winded.
– Any opponents using some version of Heavy Armour now use “Heavy Kit”, which applies 35 Defence on combat start.
– Stashed weapon cards now have a dedicated stash icon
– Fix for Discard/Banish buttons remaining visible after resolving combat.
– Fix for Champion not accounting for statuses on The Warden properly.
– Fix for Cowardice not behaving as described.
– Fix for being able to swap a character’s Primary weapon with a Shield in the Stash, and ending up with no Primary weapon, as the shield would be rejected for the primary hand.
– Fix for Riposte using temporary sprite, displaying sprite tag in tooltip.
– Fix for Zealot’s Promise using temporary sprite, displaying sprite tag in tooltip.
– Fix for Zealot’s Promise not working as described. It now ticks down by one at the end of your turn.
– Fix for Seagard Provoked intent only applying the status, and not dealing damage.
– Fix for Crusader description and logic not matching intended mechanic. Crusader will now shuffle a Bless into your draw pile the next time that character kills a target.
– Fix for Sledge’s Shrug it Off triggering at >=15 damage, rather than just >15 damage
– Fix for Crusader using temporary sprite, displaying sprite tag in tooltip
– Fix for Bless being added to the Discard pile as well as the Banish pile
– Fix for being able to hire characters you couldn’t afford, or had previously hired, by scrolling through the selection after hiring another character.
– Fix for character hire portraits appearing incorrectly offsetted at resolutions other than standard HD
– Fix for character hire cards occasionally remaining visible between scene transitions
– Fix for late transition of PartyCharacterTabs when leaving the party screen
– Fix for Party configuration buttons (positions / gear) remaining visible during an offered-equipment state
– Fix for Loot panel not changing its title to “Drop” when opened from the idle swap screen
– Fix for Stash removing an item when swapping two stash slots
– Fix for wielding two weapons using the same sprite template displaying the primary weapon twice in combat
– Fix for Momentum title in french appearing very small
– Fix for Pink Powder only dealing 1 damage
– Fix for previewed hire characters appearing in combat backgrounds
– Fix for floating plank on party screen
[0.35.13 – Patch]
– Salter’s Net intent now applies 30 stacks of the status, rather than 40.
– Spanish localisation has received a full re-translation that we hope to be of much improved quality!
– Fix for Assassin not transforming ConcealedBlades that were spawned rather than drawn; e.g. with Incision.
– Fix for cards spawned in combat not being added to the Compendium.
– Fix for Dagger applying 4 Bleeding if using two weapons of any kind, rather than just two daggers.
– Sadist’s Cunning now uses the Active Character as the card drawer, (will now trigger Overwatch correctly).
– Fix for Trooper status using the wrong icon, and displaying markup in description.
– Fix for BatteringRam intent missing icon.
– Fix for TasteForBlood not visibly incrementing its stack.
[0.35.11 – Patch]
– Damage is now displayed separately in blue or red, depending on how much Defence/Vitality was lost. Fixes issue with Salter’s Net and Distraction appearing to deal vitality damage when they hadn’t.
– Fix for Honourable not applying +1 Defence to target
– Fix for Seagard BatteringRam intent where party characters could be moved to the opponent side
– Fix for Provoke using the Reckoning icon in nested tooltips
– Fix for starter characters occasionally generating with the same surname.
– Salter’s Net now triggers after all statuses. Fixes Charge not affecting Net damage if Charge was gained before Salter’s Net.
– Fix for Redirection displaying the wrong icon
– Fix for Indomitable only granting Charge conditionally based on poison removal
– Fix for SleightOfHand softlocking if you were already viewing your Discard pile when prompted to move a card from it to your hand.
– Fix for Seagard Raiders missing language string
– Fix for Barrage dealing 2×3 rather than 2×4
[0.35.10 – Patch]
– Fix for PerTurn instance values not being flushed on the first turn of combat. (Fixes BornLeader not triggering on the first turn if you won your last combat on the same turn it triggered)
– Fix for Campaign character Vitality display sometimes resetting to its initial value after animating flashing damage.
– Fix for regression where XP-awarding campaign cards no longer prompted an unlock resolution state if the awarded XP resulted in a character level up.
– Fix for Unscrupulous not assigning a wielder to the spawned Concealed Blades
– Fix for WellRested only granting 2 Restoration rather than 3
– Fix for Invigorating Blow not granting buffs if the target died from the attack
– Fix for weapons seen in equipment screens not being added to the Compendium
– Fix for ruined cards not beeing added to the Compendium
– Fix for Vindictive not triggering for cards that banish themselves.
– Fix for SleightOfHand missing language string
[0.35.9 – Patch]
– Fix for softlock transitioning from the Unlock shop to the Main Menu if user entered the Unlock shop via the campaign resolution screen
– Fix for Randomise All selecting a random oath when they had not been unlocked.
– Fix for many scenarios showing placeholder text or softlocking after reloading.
– Fix for cards spawned to hand on combat start sometimes softlocking the game (e.g. TasteForBlood).
– Fix for unlocalised position selection prompts
– Fix for EnterTheCity / Services’ Exit button pushing you back to the MainMenu if selected rapidly
– Fix for Battlefield Authority using incorrect icon and showing sprite tag in tooltip
– Fix for Dash talent only allowing movement on the front rank
– Fix for ClippersAgility internally setting a negative defence value if Defence was less than 10, leading to them taking increased damage.
– Fix for Focus Fire not pinging
[0.35.5 – Hotfix]
– Fix for status counters displaying the stack count of the last-modified status.
– Added Party Configurator; now, when you begin a new run, you can select any pairing of characters to start with, or optionally start with a single character.
– Added Oaths: These are modifiers you can set at the start of a new campaign, that last its entire duration, to increase difficulty in special ways, such as modifying enemy and status damage, or losing gold from certain campaign encounters. You may select up to 3 Oaths, and many of them have 3 tiers that scale in difficulty. Oaths increase your run’s overall score.
– Added the Compendium; from the main menu, you can now view all the cards and passives you’ve encountered across your runs (only tracked from this update onwards). You can filter Passives and Talents by races, with more filtering and sorting options coming in the future.
– Added new enemies; Valenfax Stalkers, Seagard Raiders and Ender Bannerman
– All races now have female head variants.
– Several scenario cards in the campaign now have updated artwork.
– Added 51 new cards; Instinct, Distraction, Heroic Strike, Hunter, Conviction, Deadly Harvest, Precision, Bless, Bloodbath, Calculating Strike, Overpower, Plague Doctor, Redemption, Terrible Wound, Upper Hand, Warriors Defence, Weak Spot, Sleight of Hand, Cool Under Pressure, Well Rested, Pierce, Pivot, Loremaster, Carnage, Throwing Daggers, All or Nothing, Scornful Bite, Barrage, Bearserker, Besiege, Blood Frenzy, Ruthless, Control, Crusader, Desperate strategy, Fight as One, Indomitable, Oathkeeper, Reckless Cleave, Redirection, Riposte, Sacrifice, Sever, Solemn Vow, Spearhead, Taste for Blood, Terrible wound, Trooper , Unscrupulous, Wrath and Zealot’s Promise.
– Added several new Status Effects, including Brutality, Cool Under Pressure and Overpower.
– Added new weapons; Warbow, Longsword. Longsword now replaces Greatsword as one of the starter weapons (8 damage).
– Added Battlefield Authority passive to Ender Knights.
– Default deck now has Kick instead of Second Wind.
– Juggernaut now triggers after other statuses, so that damage modifications can be made before Juggernaut is evaluated (e.g. increases from Vulnerable). Juggernaut no longer applies to attacks that deal damage direct to vitality.
– Carapace now triggers after Retaliate, so that retaliate damage doesn’t unexpectedly increase.
– Anticipation now blocks the next incoming damage from a character.
– Rage now applies after all other statuses so that the final damage is doubled.
– Removed Challenge intent from EnderKnight. Ender Knights now have the Battlefield Authority passive.
– Strategy now works with status effects on the character.
– Opportunist now deals damage whenever its character applies a status, or a status on that character applies a status (i.e. no longer just directly).
– Volley intent now applies 2 Vulnerable.
– Ender Swordmaster intents and vitality have been buffed.
– Zone of Control now applies 3 Charge.
– False Opening now applies 1 Anticipation and 15 Retaliate.
– Battleaxe now; Deals 9 Damage, if opponent intends to attack this character, deal 1×4 to adjacent opponents on rank. Gain 4 Charge.
– Shrapnel now; Deals 5 damage, if target has more Charge than Defence, deal 4×3 damage.
– Coordination now applies 5 Charge.
– Sunder now deals an additional 15 Defence damage for every 2 stacks of Vulnerable on the opponent.
– Drum Guards no longer apply Reckoning if they already have it.
– Updated Equipment Specialist Armour Icons.
– Expert Bow weapon damage is now 6.
– Estoc’s weapon damage is now 4.
– Longbow now costs 2-0
– Halberd now costs 4-0
– Greatsword now costs 3-0.
– Blood Frenzy now costs 0/0.
– All or Nothing now costs 3/2.
– Colossal Smash now costs 4-1.
– Galvanize now costs 1-2.
– Spiteful now costs 2-0.
– Overhaul now costs 1-1.
– Exquisite Sword now has a base damage of 5 and is rarer.
– Added more opponent party variations in the third street.
– Updated Fight or Flight’s opponent party.
– Forgotten Tunnel now has an easier combat.
– Added tooltip for “Clean Up” to explain what this is referring to.
– Various audio / music improvements and additions
– Fix for softlock when playing Strength of Will with the Justice passive.
– Fix for GarrisonCommander’s IntoTheBreach intent not showing a Sticky targeting indicator, leading to instances where the lane indicator didn’t align with the outlined target.
– Fix for most restorative statuses and passives not passing through non-Character restorers properly
– Deadly Manoeuvre now always moves the opponent.
– Armours no longer apply Winded to enemies.
– Spearman’s Defence only applies 1 Carapace now after Carapace has already ticked down.
– Survivalists Gear now uses the correct armour icon.
– Foul Wound no longer applies Poison if the final damage dealt is 0.
– Armours that apply Winded now work correctly by processing the previous turn’s Winded before applying the next.
– Rally intent description updated to explicitly state Restoration is raised to 5.
– Commander’s Strike now moves The Warden correctly.
– Anticipation now works with enemy status effects, such as retaliate.
– Rally Intent now does not show lane targeting or counter.
– Overwatch status now pings when activated.
– Fix for incorrect collision shape for Patterford Mercenary.
– Fix for Hit and Run not banishing or moving correctly occasionally.
– Added missing 2H label to Bow cards
– ToeToToe now stacks
– Targeted cards can now be cancelled whilst in their opening target selection state, using right click.
– Deck now visible during post-combat level up screens.
– Cards now indicate stat colours in red if the active character has insufficient stamina / will
– The Deck, Party and florens are all now viewable within campaign scenarios.
– Added Speed options to various animations and intervals so players can speed up or slow down the game.
– Clicking an un-targeted card (e.g. Guard) now puts it in a confirmation state, where it can be cancelled with Right Click, and confirmed with Left Click. You may change characters whilst in the confirmation state (so long as they are capable of playing it), as you only pay the cost of the card after confirming. This mode can be toggled off in Settings if you prefer the old behaviour.
– Halberdiers and Crossbowmen AI party added to late game.
– Removed one combat layer from the second half of each street.
– MainMenu intro animation is now skippable.
– Passives now indicate if they are race-specific in their title and use a unique background.
– Decoy and BackAlley now display a screen prompt indicating you should select a card/lane, to help avoid confusion around that mechanic.
– Changed Vigour’s description to ‘loses’ rather than ‘spends’, to indicate its interplay with Winded and other effects
– Moved Warden’s intents around a bit.
– Light, Medium and Heavy armours now have additional effects to distinguish them.
– WildBrawl now costs 1-0
– Scruples now offers different combats depending on current stage.
– Warhammer now costs 2-0
– Campaign hotbar now switches between a party and street icon when changing modes to better indicate it’s also an exit button.
– Made the button to arrange Combat Positions much more visible on the party screen.
– Focus Fire now only lasts for 3 turns.
– Miasma now only applies when drawing additional cards.
– Buffs to Medium Superior, Heavy Regular and Heavy Superior armour. They now apply 24, 30 and 38 Defence respectively.
– Hidden Plates now applies 35 defence and 1 Winded when you end your turn without Defence.
– Soldiers Heirloom now applies 12 Bolster.
– Quick Hands now costs 2-0, draws 1 card and applies 3 Preparation.
– Warden intents buffed.
– Modified card rarities to make rares be considered more often, and commons less often.
– Overzealous Guards now uses a different enemy party template.
– Added dedicated End-of-Street card flavour text and made the flanking Elite cards “Blocked” to better indicate they lead to the same fight.
– The tutorial now adds remaining Strikes / Defends / standard cards to your deck on entering the city. This is a disincentive to using the Tutorial for score runs, and also to avoid people using the advantage of the much-pruned deck to win the game on their first run.
– Juggernaut now thresholds at 5. (This is a temporary change, until passive-ordering is implemented).
– Setup now draws 1 card.
– Starting deck no longer includes No Mercy.
– Checkpoint is now slightly more common.
– Patient passive now draws a card instead of applying preparation.
– Character screen navigation controls (Cycle characters / Exit) are now clickable with the mouse.
– Crossbow now also applies 3 Charge to wielder.
– Improvise now banishes.
– Retaliate now doesn’t affect attackers using ranged weapons.
– Toxic cascade now only triggers on application of status effects other than poison.
– Fix for Greatsword allowing you to target party members
– Fix for ToeToToe triggering when a character damaged themselves (e.g. Ruins).
– Fix for retaliate triggering when a character damages themselves (e.g. Ruins).
– Glorious Assault now correctly swaps enemies.
– Fix for Character vitality display not visibly updating after using Bloodthirsty to increase Max Vitality.
– Fix for missing nested tooltips on Armour icons during equipment rewards
– Fix for combat position window remaining visible when transitioning to the character view
– Fix for Party position window displaying icons for old (dead/previous) characters
– Fix for Halberdiers DeadlyManoeuvre intent not moving targets correctly.
– Fix for missing language string on Knight Errant scenario
– Fix for Voices in the Dark softlock on returning to the event after levelling up in combat.
– Fortress AI intent now correctly shows intention to apply Bolster.
– Shieldwall AI intent now correctly shows target.
– Fix for locked state when presented with 3x Large Crowds. Being presented with three non-selectable cards now clears them from the street.
– Fix for “Confirm” button when selecting cards not being localised
– Fix for Steam Achievements not unlocking.
– Armours that apply Winded no longer ping for enemies.
– Fix for outlines not persisting when selecting multiple cards in a scroll view.
– Sickle weapon now correct size.
– No Mercy should now be removed from all starting decks.
– Warden’s Battlecry now correctly removes debuffs.
– Added localisation components to Tavern’s Back/Hire/Exit buttons
– Armours no longer apply Winded if the wearer is an AI
– Injury is now playable.
– Fix for Tavern characters’ cards showing the wrong icon on their Weapons and Talents.
– Fix for Practised Manoeuvre showing an incorrect string for its Card Type
– Fix for Heathen not spawning Rend when its condition was met.
– Fix for ThePerish showing an incorrect language string for its Card Type.
– Fix for Bulwark not allowing selection of an ally to apply defence.
– Fix for Shortbow moving you to the default position when played from the back rank with no vacant positions in the front rank.
– Fix for taunt also moving characters in the front rank into the back rank, if the position behind them was vacant.
– Fix for Kick also moving characters from the back rank into the front rank, if the position in front of them was vacant.
– Fix for ruin / banish tags not parsing correctly in languages without spaces.
– Fix for Pestilent not triggering correctly
– Cruel Sickle now uses the correct sprite for equipment screen and combat.